Table of Contents Hide
The wooden furniture absorbs the smoke from different things like cigarettes, fire smoke, cigar smoke, etc. This will cause the smell of smoke to remain in the house and will cause irritation for the people who hate the smell of smoke.
Many of us always find ways to remove smoke from wooden furniture but are unaware of the best method to do this task perfectly.
We brought a helpful guide to make this task easier for those people. In today’s article, you will learn how to remove the smoke smell from their wooden furniture.
Different Methods of Removing the Smoke Smell from Wooden Furniture
There are different methods of removing the smell from the furniture. We will tell you about the perfect ones that help you achieve the desired results. These methods are listed below.
Required Tools & Material
You will need the following tools and materials during cleaning and remove the smoke from the furniture:
- Baking soda
- Spray bottle
- Vacuum cleaner
- Steam vacuum cleaner
- Furniture cleaning soap
- Clean soft cloth
- Soft cleaning sponge
- Wood cleaner
Methods of Removing Smoke from Furniture
1. Wash the Furniture with Baking Soda
As we all know, baking soda is a popular cleansing agent that is used in the cleaning process of many things. By following the steps given below, we will also use it to remove the smell of smoke from the furniture.
- Take the baking soda and sprinkle it on the little area of the customized design furniture. For testing whether it is harmful to the type of wood used in the furniture’s manufacturing or not.
- Leave the baking soda on the surface for one hour and then clean it with the vacuum cleaner.
- If the surface of the furniture remains the same after cleaning, then apply the baking soda to the interior and exterior sides of the furniture.
- Leave the baking soda on the furniture for 2 to 8 hours so that it will absorb the smell of smoke.
- Get the vacuum cleaner that has a brush attached to it.
- Clean the exterior surface of the furniture with a vacuum cleaner.
- Leave the interior side for a week to be vacuumed because the interior side absorbs more smells than the exterior one.
- If the smell remains on the furniture, then you have to repeat this task again to get better results.
2. Apply the Method of Scrubbing
In the 2nd method, remove the smell from the furniture by scrubbing the furniture with these steps.
- Get a sponge and add a few drops of furniture cleaning soap to it.
- If you didn’t have this soap, then you can also create your own solution by getting the squirt bottle and then adding the 50% vinegar and 50% water to it and mixing it well.
- Apply this mixture to the sponge and place it on the affected area of wood.
- Now scrub that area gently in a circular motion so that it will not harm the surface of the wood.
- Clean up the residue with a soft cloth.
- Then place the furniture in direct sunlight to make it dry quickly.
3. With the Help of Citrus Cleaner
This method is used for cleaning the remaining residue if the furniture has not been cleaned completely. Follow the steps given below.
- Take a clean cloth and add the wood cleaner to it.
- Place this cloth on the interior side of furniture like the drawers or shelves. If the shelves or drawers of your furniture can be removed, then take them out of the furniture.
- Scrub the inside area of the drawers gently.
- Clean up the residue with a clean cloth.
- Leave the furniture in an airy atmosphere to let it dry completely.
- After this, scrub the exterior side of the furniture in the same way and then leave it in an airy environment so that it will dry easily.
4. Use the Steam Cleaner
Steam cleaning is another popular method used to remove the smoke of cigarettes from the furniture. This method is especially used for cleaning unfinished wood. Follow the instructions given below to get amazing results:
- Put the steam cleaner inside the furniture.
- Turn it on and move around the drawers or shelves.
- Let the windows and exhaust fans go on while doing this procedure.
- Be careful and perform this task slowly so that it won’t be harmful to any area of the furniture.
- The steam pressure will assist you in moving the smoking particles from the wood and mixing them with the air.
- The exhaust fan and open windows will take this polluted air outside the house.
5. Apply the Deodorant
If the furniture still has smoke, then you have to apply some sort of deodorant on the surface of your furniture.
But if you want to deodorize the furniture naturally, then you can get the charcoal and apply it to the furniture by using the charcoal-embedded puppy pads.
These are the various methods you can use to completely remove the smoke odor from wooden furniture.
If your furniture didn’t get rid of the smoke smell, then you can tell us by posting a comment. Our experts will advise you on how to handle this situation.